As an additional benefit of membership, we have at Marple Golf Club reciprocal arrangements with some other golf clubs:
- Ashton- U-Lyne
- Buxton High Peak (Buxton)
- Porthmadog Golf Club (Porthmadog)
- Oakmere Park Golf Club (Southwell, Nottingham)
Members can play these courses, without paying a green fee, by arrangement and prior booking. Commonsense must be used – do not expect to play at peak times.
- Also, at Marple Golf Club we have joined the 1892 Club, formed by a number of golf clubs who were all founded – in 1892!The benefit to MGC members is that all members of the 1892 Club offer reciprocal courtesy of the course to visiting members from other 1892 clubs, subject to the rules detailed below.
To take advantage of these courtesies the following procedure MUST BE followed:
1. Members make their own arrangements with the Secretary of the Club they wish to visit by letter or phone, giving as much notice as possible.
2. Do not turn up uninvited and expect to be able to play.
3. Members should take with them a letter of introduction together with their handicap certificate, which can be obtained from the Office.
4. Check with the host Club their dress rules and respect them.
5. For visits to take place Clubs should be separated by 75 miles.
6. These courtesies do not extend to anyone whose Club is not a member of the 1892 Club.
7. Remember that when visiting other Clubs you are an ambassador of your Golf Club and when others visit us please extend every courtesy to them as our guests.
8. Moderation in numbers at any one visit should be observed (a car load and not a coach load) as should be your number of visits to any particular Club.